The Basket Raffle will consist of approximately 25 ‘themed’ baskets that will be auctioned off with the winners announced at the 18 September event. The baskets will be provided by various APG Organizations, local businesses, and individuals.
Each donor will be asked to put together items based from a pre-determined list of themes, wrapped in a transparent material, and decorated with the event’s theme.
This year’s theme is Return Margaritaville and the coordinating colors are Orange and blue. Donors are asked to coordinate their themes with the the Basket Committee POC. All donors are encouraged to be creative when creating baskets. Baskets should range in value from $250 to $500. The baskets are to be turned in, with a list of contents, to the POC by September 3, 2021. More information to come in the following weeks.
Basket Raffle Rules
- Each ticket will be assigned to a basket at the time of purchase and cannot be reallocated after purchase is complete.
- Winners will be drawn from the tickets assigned to each basket.
- There will only be one winner per basket.
- All sales are final. No exchanges, refunds, or cancellations. All items are offered in “as is” condition.
- Payment will be made online via the raffle website.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to bid on baskets containing tobacco. Only winners 18 or over with valid identification will be allowed to pickup the basket.
- You must be 21 years of age or older to bid on baskets containing alcohol. Only winners 21 or over with valid identification will be allowed to pickup the basket.
- All baskets are stored in Aberdeen, Maryland. Winners are required to make an appointment to pick up the basket they won within 14 days of the raffle drawing. Any baskets not claimed by the deadline may be auctioned off by the Major General Harry Greene AUSA Chapter at another event and the proceeds donated to Fisher House.
- There are no refunds for unclaimed baskets.
- The value of items contributed for the auction has been determined by the donors and is not warranted by the committee for tax purposes or general value. The auction chairs and AUSA make no representations as to the value of the items.
- The buyer waives any claims for liability against either AUSA or the contributor. Neither AUSA nor the donor is responsible for any personal injuries or damages to property that may result from the use of property or services sold.
- Check gift certificates for any expiration dates/restrictions that may apply. Gift certificates may not be redeemed for cash.
- AUSA is not responsible for making any reservations. All reservations are subject to space availability and are to be arranged at the mutual convenience of the donor and the purchaser.
- Booklet descriptions are for convenience only. AUSA and the auction chairs are not responsible for errors in description, authenticity, or conditions of goods donated.
- There is a 7% service charge added to the price of the raffle tickets.